To be successful in the early learning community you must make the best decisions to maintain a sustainable business. This includes decisions about licensing, marketing, choosing the correct business type, having a sound business plan, budgeting, understanding debt, determining when to expand or renovate, site design and health and safety. While some early childcare education businesses are formed through a comprehensive strategic/business plan, many come together organically based on an individual’s skillset and the needs of the surrounding community. Whether intentional or organic, both businesses need access to resources to help them manage and sustain a healthy small business.
Reinvestment Fund’s Coaching to Success: Building Together aims to provide those in the Early Childhood Education (ECE) industry with the resources needed to make the best financial decisions for their business. The goal is to help providers improve their business acumen and be better equipped to make the right financial decisions.
In this section you will find a variety resources that will help strengthen your organization from lending and grant opportunities, access to subject matter experts, credit improvement, free tax preparation, matching savings programs and many more.
- Childcare Map—A tool to help Philadelphians make decisions about childcare. Use it for research, planning, exploration and investment in expansion.
- COVID-19: Know Your Numbers (webinar)— View the recording | Download the presentation
- Fiscal Hub—Resource for child care owners and directors improve their business management practices and financial operations through resources, technical assistance, and policy advancement.
- Group Cohorts Learning—Reinvestment Fund will provide technical assistance to groups of providers based on similar needs. Technical Assistance will include education around topic areas such as: computer literacy, budget forecasting, operational needs, business planning, Lending 101, and building relationships with Subject Matter Experts (i.e. bookkeeper, payroll, accountant, tax professional, etc.). More to come – please complete the survey if interested.
- Family Child Care Proforma (i.e. Sole Proprietor or Single Member LLC filing a Schedule C tax form) – COMING SOON
- Child Care Center Proforma (i.e. S-Corp filing tax form 1120S, Corporation filing tax form 1120 or a Non Profit filing tax form 990) – Download the excel spreadsheet
- Business Viability
- Strategies to stabilize your business