Reinvestment Fund (Company) is a financial services company serving as a catalyst for change in low-income communities. Reinvestment Fund integrates data, policy and strategic investments to improve the quality of life in low-income neighborhoods. Using analytical and financial tools, the company brings high-quality grocery stores, affordable housing, schools and health centers to the communities that need better access—creating anchors that attract investment over the long term and help families lead healthier, more productive lives.
Reinvestment Fund brings together individual investors, banks, government officials, private foundations and faith-based and community organizations to invest in projects that transform communities. As a federally-certified community development financial institution (“CDFI”), the company manages $1.1 billion in capital that originates from over 865 investors. Reinvestment Fund has deployed over $2 billion into community revitalizing and job-creating projects and enterprises over its 33-year history. The company maintains an AA- issuer rating from S&P, as well as a four star with Policy Plus, AAA rating from AERIS (highest rating available from industry rating agency).
About the position
As an intern in the Finance & Accounting department, you will have the unique opportunity to assist in practical application of core accounting duties such as account and cash reconciliations, journal entries, accounts payable and cash application. Interns also support the department with research and project work.
Education, Experience, and Skills
To perform this job successfully, responsible students must:
- Graduate or undergraduate level studies in Finance or Accounting required.
- Interest in non-profit accounting/finance and/or management.
- Experience of high level Excel modeling skills.
- Have the ability to take initiative, as well as work independently when needed.
- Demonstrate a high degree of independent decision making and communication skills. The decisions of students in these positions could directly affect the operation and success of the project or program.
- Proficient research and problem solving skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Students should be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.Apply For Position