Reinvestment Fund is a national leader in rebuilding America’s distressed towns and cities, through the innovative use of capital and information. Reinvestment Fund has invested $1.5 billion in communities since 1985. A CDFI, Reinvestment Fund finances housing, community facilities, schools, community health centers, healthy food access, commercial real estate and energy efficiency projects. It also provides public policy expertise by helping clients create actionable solutions and by sharing data and analyses via www.PolicyMap.com.
Reinvestment Fund is committed to being an employer of choice for students looking to work in a community development financial institution with industry leaders. We have worked hard to be recognized nationally for our combination of expert knowledge, innovative strategies and proven results. Reinvestment Fund’s business environment provides students with ample opportunity for personal growth and success.
ABOUT REINVESTMENT FUND POLICY SOLUTIONS:
Reinvestment Fund has developed and refined highly-customizable analyses to further public policy around issues central to the communities we serve. Our analyses are based on proven methodologies and are unique in their use of spatial and statistical analyses to understand places and inform effective program design and implementation.
From our real estate Market Value Analyses (MVA) to our studies of child care and supermarket access to our national analysis of the HUD NSP program – Reinvestment Fund has developed and brought these tools together to comprise a portfolio of work that places us among the most highly regarded public policy research organizations in the country. Check out our website at: www.Reinvestment Fund.com for examples of our work.
Reinvestment Fund Policy Solutions Group seeks a seasonal intern for a temporary assignment. This opportunity will afford the right motivated, eager to learn, results-oriented individual an unrivaled platform to learn and train with some of the best talent in the community development field while contributing to the organizations strong social mission. Duties include:
- Gathering, compiling, cleaning and analyzing data related to Reinvestment Fund research and consulting projects. These may relate to housing policies, public investment activities and program delivery systems. This may include internet based research, interviewing stakeholders and may require traveling to public offices to collect data.
- Using GIS software to plot data, prepare maps and reports demonstrating program utilization and the relationship of thematic data sets and how they related to each other.
- Attending staff and client meetings, recording meeting decisions and follow-up actions and preparing meeting minutes for distribution.
- Preparing and summarizing research findings in memo formats and presenting findings as part of working team sessions.
- Collaborating with our data development team to evaluate the quality and usefulness of prospective data sets.
- Assisting in the collection, processing and documentation of data sets.
- Other research and related tasks necessary for completion of analysis.
Education, Experience & Skills
All levels of students are welcome to apply, but Reinvestment Fund gives preference to 2nd and 3rd year undergraduates and graduate students. Reinvestment Fund seeks applicants with strong written and oral English communication skills. Computer skills including Excel, Access, and GIS are regularly used as part of our work.
The Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reinvestment Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran.
Apply For Position