Reinvestment Fund is a mission-driven financial institution committed to making communities work for all people. We bring financial and analytical tools to partnerships that work to ensure that people in all communities have the opportunities they strive for: affordable places to live, access to nutritious food, schools where their children can succeed, and strong, local businesses that support jobs. We use data to understand markets and how transactions can have the most powerful impact, and we build coalitions that can shift how entire sectors work to dismantle systems that perpetuate social and economic inequality.
Reinvestment Fund’s investment program is unique in its range of expertise and approaches to financing. In addition to our core commercial lending activities, Reinvestment Fund also manages initiatives with the support of local or national foundations, and state, local and federal public agencies and governments. Since our inception in 1985, Reinvestment Fund has provided over $2.4 billion in financing to strengthen neighborhoods, scale social enterprises, and build resilient communities, where everyone can thrive and prosper.
About the position
Reinvestment Fund is currently hiring a Lending Associate, Southeast Region within the lending and investment department. This individual will serve as a primary lender for Atlanta and other sub-markets in the Southeast region. The Lending Associate will develop full responsibility for cultivating client relationships through the complete lifecycle of a loan, from client acquisition, underwriting, closing and relationship management, under guidance of the Managing Director, Southeast and Managing Director, Originations. This individual will be responsible for contributing toward Reinvestment Fund’s annual loan volume of $150-$200mm, but more importantly for ensuring that the loans and relationships are consistent with Reinvestment Fund’s mission. This position is part of a team of high capacity professionals tasked with meeting the needs of our high mission borrowers in a fiscally responsible manner. The Lending Associate, Southeast Region will report to Reinvestment Fund’s Managing Director, Southeast.
- Underwrite potential loans as assigned under supervision of department manager or peer lenders. See a summary of some of our recent transactions here.
- Learn loan policy, loan programs, loan products, process and procedures for loan origination.
- Work in partnership with Department Management, portfolio managers and peer lenders to maintain underwriting standards, evaluate risks, and apply an impact framework (including applying a racial equity lens), to potential loans.
- Work with current and potential clients to build relationships and develop a pipeline of projects and loans for underwriting.
- Provide pipeline, underwriting, loan closing, and portfolio management support for ANDP Loan Prepare credit approval memos and present to approval authorities, including Senior Management as required under Loan Policy.
- Develop, maintain and represent Reinvestment Fund in relationships across Atlanta and the Southeast, including business community, non-profit partners, philanthropy, investors etc.
- Understand local market trends, opportunities and challenges and communicate that analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with third-party counsel and internal managers to develop, review and execute loan documents for loans as assigned.
Qualified candidates should have financial industry background, experience in commercial lending or community development and outstanding organizational skills. Strong analytical skills in mission areas such as health policy outcomes, commercial real estate management or the arts can replace or supplement financial background. Experience with New Markets Tax Credits, Federal and State Historic Tax Credits, and other public development programs preferred but not required. The successful candidate will have a track record of working collaboratively on projects and will have a demonstrated affinity for working in a team setting yet be able to successfully work independently and maintain an entrepreneurial spirit. He or she will be passionate about using finance as a tool to change people’s lives for the better. While Reinvestment Fund is observing social distancing, candidate must be able to work remotely (laptop computer to be provided).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree in City and Regional Planning, Urban Studies, Public Policy, Business, Real Estate or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial industry, direct experience in underwriting and/or work with real estate operating proformas preferred
- Must be organized and detail oriented with demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete conflicting deliverables on-time.
- Experience creating and communicating financial analysis (including spreading financials), cashflows, and key assumptions including formal writing and oral presentation to decision-makers.
- Ability to effectively synthesize information, organize logical arguments and summarize key points.
- Experience performing analysis and modeling in Excel.
- Ability to draw conclusions from financial and market data to make sound recommendations regarding credit risks.
- Familiarity with the significant political, community and University/College stakeholders, organizations and systems in the Atlanta region;
- Experience communicating effectively to a diverse audience (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint at a minimum.
In Addition, Strong Candidates Will Offer:
- Proficiency in Spanish (preferred)
- Familiarity with other Southeast sub-markets (e.g. Birmingham, New Orleans, etc.)
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Microsoft TEAMS or Sharepoint or other relevant software.
Compensation and Benefits:
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and EAP program.
Please complete the online application form at www.reinvestment.com/careers and attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Fund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout our Organization and in our external investment practices. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.
 While Reinvestment Fund’s Atlanta office is closed for social distancing, the individual will be expected to work remotely.
2 Southeast region includes AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN; sub-markets are major cities in the region
3 The ANDP Loan Fund is a subsidiary of Atlanta Neighborhood Development Partnership (ANDP) and a certified Community Development Financial Institution that provides loans for affordable housing in metro Atlanta and Georgia. In 2014, Reinvestment Fund entered into a partnership with ANDP to support ANDP Loan Fund activities.
Apply For Position