About Our Company:
Reinvestment Fund (Company) is a financial services company committed to making communities work for all people. We bring financial and analytical tools to partnerships ensuring that everyone has access to essential opportunities: affordable places to live, access to nutritious food and health care, schools where their children can flourish, and strong, local businesses that support jobs.
We use data to understand markets and how transactions can have the most powerful impact, and we build coalitions that can shift how entire sectors work to dismantle systems that perpetuate social and economic inequality.
Reinvestment Fund’s investment program is unique in its range of expertise and approaches to financing. In addition to our core commercial lending activities, Reinvestment Fund also manages initiatives with the support of local or national foundations, and state, local and federal public agencies and governments. Since our inception in 1985, Reinvestment Fund has provided over $2.4 billion in financing to strengthen neighborhoods, scale social enterprises, and build resilient communities, where everyone can thrive and prosper.
Reinvestment Fund is currently undergoing a multi-year race, equity, and inclusion organizational change process, and we are seeking candidates who share a commitment to advancing racial equity and anti-racism practices and are prepared to engage in that work.
Reinvestment Fund is maintaining a 100% remote work environment through at least January 1, 2021 due to COVID. Hybrid and remote work options will continue to be available to staff in coordination with managers and consideration of the needs of each position.
Reinvestment Fund seeks an enthusiastic learner to join our team as a Loan Coordinator. The Coordinator will be an essential part of the Lending & Investment Department working with loan servicing, construction disbursement or closing operations. It’s a fast-paced job within a small, close-knit team that services roughly 500 social impact loans across the United States. We’re looking to add a team member who is detailed-oriented and thrives on providing excellent customer service.
A complete set of job duties will vary by team assignment, but you can expect to:
- Get to know our borrowers, their projects, and how unique community lending works.
- Read and understand loan documents. Ensure that the loan documents and loan system data make sense together.
- Collect updated information and make changes to loan information systems when new documents or information are received.
- Monitor the information about borrowers’ accounts. Assist borrowers who need to pay fees, request funds for their construction projects or update their information.
- Email and talk with our customers to help your colleagues obtain project, financial or compliance information.
- Manage requests that come into our central helpdesk mailbox. Resolve these requests yourself or escalate to the appropriate colleague.
- Calculate financial information in spreadsheets such as budgets or calculators and transfer data into the loan system.
- Take charge of organizing files and invoices related to services for our borrowers. Help borrowers understand what’s due and make sure that their bills are paid on time.
We are looking for people who are inquisitive, problem-solving and have strong organization skills. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are a must!
Education, Experience and Skills:
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma
- Organization and time-management skills
- Can manage multiple projects to their conclusion with good results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can effectively resolve challenges independently
- Calculating and organizing numerical data in Excel
- Communicates effectively and professionally via chat messages and videoconferencing
- Savvy with electronic file storage and online document management
- College Degree
- Prior customer service or helpdesk experience
- Prior financial services, legal or lending experience
- Customer Orientation
- Quick thinking and learning
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Researching and Investigating
- Organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
Compensation and Benefits:
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and EAP program.
Please complete the online application and attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reinvestment Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disabilities, or status as a veteran.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.Apply For Position