Position Title: Manager, Early Childhood Capacity Building & Grant-Making
Location: Atlanta, GA
About the Position: Remote/Hybrid
The Program Manager for ECE will be expected to work independently and collaboratively work with internal and external stakeholders to design and implement processes and approaches to providing capital and technical assistance in support of ECE providers serving low-income families in select communities across the country. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual with both a team approach and systems-oriented thinking skills to help grow, further develop, and implement innovative programs.
About Early Childhood Education at Reinvestment Fund:
Early childhood education (ECE) is fundamental to our economy’s health and ability to expand access to opportunity among a wider segment of Americans: women across the income spectrum need reliable childcare to work; ECE owners and staff need to earn money, build wealth, and plan for the future; and children need high quality ECCE to increase their school readiness, academic achievement, and lifetime earnings. Yet perhaps no other sector is so essential to our society’s functioning and sustainability and is as poorly compensated and undervalued as ECE. See: Early Childhood Education — Reinvestment
Program Management, Leadership, and Communications:
- Implement programs in support of Reinvestment Fund mission to close gaps in availability of high-quality childcare in low-income communities and promote the importance of high-quality facilities in child development settings.
- Along with the Program Director of ECE, contribute to long- and short-term program planning, design, and implementation, ensuring achievement of milestones and overall program goals within budget and approved timeline. Manage non-salary budgets and coordinate with finance team to allocate and track spending.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with local/regional external program partners for early learning providers – funders, advisors, program recipients, vendors and consultants. Convene networks and manage multiple contractual relationships towards mutual goals and collective impact.
- Manage contractual obligations, including analyzing and evaluating program outcomes, data and results, reviewing budget data, drafting grant reports, and tracking and meeting compliance requirements and deadlines.
- Manage and monitor contracts with a wide variety of vendors to support program implementation, including meeting performance expectations, payment, compliance, and reporting.
- Represent Reinvestment Fund externally in the ECE industry, including public speaking engagements, leading webinars, presenting at conferences and participating in other gatherings to do outreach and provide exposure for Reinvestment Fund’s ECE programs. Support/collaborate on written pieces and research overviews, and fundraising efforts.
Grants Management and Program Implementation
- Lead programming for applicants and recipients of financial and technical assistance (including development of applications and eligibility criteria, awards, funding disbursements, workplans and budgets, compliance and reporting, and ongoing project tracking).
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance to ECE program participants regarding ECE facility project development, fundraising and financing, business operations, marketing and community engagement, and other specifics as needed. Coordinate with partners and experts to identify client needs and available resources.
- Manage grant/contract processes, compliance and reporting, including management of re-grants to funding and technical assistance recipients, which will include the following:
- Analyze and process funding advance requests and appropriate backup documentation as presented by the awardees.
- Obtain and review project compliance materials as required during the grant or loan period.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate logistics for programmatic meetings and webinars.
- Maintain project files in excellent condition and consistent with organizational policy and departmental procedures, with sufficient documentation for third-party review, prepare files for timely audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degree a plus and/or at least five years’ relevant experience working in real estate development, early childhood education, grants management, community development finance, or other related fields.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in facility development, early childhood coaching, small business lending, and/or providing training and technical assistance to businesses and organizations in the sector.
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, for a variety of audiences.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals, communities, and groups on complex issues.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to Reinvestment Fund’s mission and work.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical Aptitude – Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; able to pick up new systems quickly; has familiarity with database structures and definitions; comfort in interfacing data between various systems; understanding of CRM principles and functionality; demonstrated experience in business process analysis.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation – ability to support applicants and customers through the life cycle of a grant or loan patiently and with a mindset toward furthering their understanding of the capital access process.
- Communication Skills –Ability to create and communicate ideas through speech and written communications. Effectively uses data visuals and other presentation materials to establish facts; ability to communicate in meetings using a consultative, collaborative, client-oriented approach.
- Collaborative Nature – a positive “can-do” attitude and demonstrated calmness and composure in times of uncertainty and stress; strong work ethic and a desire to make an impact; high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence others without authority.
- Strategic Thinker and Implementer – Ability to understand overarching business goals, transform them into business requirements, and logical steps toward achieving a business objective; able to participate in all project management roles, and has cross-functional business experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability, and life insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care), commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and EAP program.
To Apply: Please click “apply” at the bottom of the page and complete the application, attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reinvestment Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disabilities, or status as a veteran.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals, this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update: We value the safety and well-being of our RF community, which includes staff and beyond. As such, our team has chosen to require all staff, interns, and contractors to be fully vaccinated as a contingency of employment. candidates should consider this requirement before applying.