Headquartered in Philadelphia, Reinvestment Fund operates nationally with regional offices in Baltimore, MD, and Atlanta, GA. Reinvestment Fund is a national mission-driven financial institution that creates opportunity for underserved people and places through partnerships. We marshal the capital, analytics, and expertise necessary to build strong, healthy, and more equitable communities.
As a federally certified community development financial institution (CDFI), our job is to make finance an agent of positive change and equitable growth. We provide loans, grants and technical assistance to businesses and nonprofits. Our borrowers and grantees educate students, support local economies, and create jobs. They build affordable housing and provide community goods and services that include access to nutritious food, hunger relief, physical and mental health care, and other social services.
At Reinvestment Fund, you’ll be part of a talented and passionate team of communicators and business development staff, lenders, portfolio managers, analysts, grant program managers, accountants, and policy researchers who bring their unique talents to our mission.
Reinvestment Fund is currently undergoing a multi-year race, equity, and inclusion organizational change process, and we are seeking candidates who share a commitment to advancing racial equity and anti-racism and are prepared to engage in that work.
Work Location: Reinvestment Fund is maintaining a 100% remote work environment through at least September 2021 due to COVID. We have offices in Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Atlanta. Preference is that the Policy Analyst be located in or willing to relocate to our Philadelphia office.
Conduct spatial, statistical, and qualitative data analyses using methodologies created uniquely by the Policy Solutions department for clients primarily in the public and nonprofit sectors. Specific topics of focus include but are not limited to affordable housing policy, equitable and inclusive community development, urban and rural food access, and access to high-quality early childhood education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects and processes data for input into database management software, including cleaning, validating, and geocoding.
- Performs statistical quantitative and spatial analysis by way of various programming software (SQL, ArcGIS, R, etc.)
- Creates maps, charts, and tables that represent the final results of the analytical processes.
- Participates in presentation of data to clients following a deliverable response to the specific requests of that client.
- Collects and analyzes qualitative data (e.g., interviews and observation).
- Provides troubleshooting and/or training to interns or fellows.
- Reviews results for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Conducts basic analysis and interpretation of data results
Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Master’s degree strongly preferred (in social sciences, city planning, or related field) but combination of Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years relevant experience may be considered.
Skills and Qualifications
- Subject matter knowledge in one or more of the following policy areas: housing, city planning, public health, early childhood education, food access, community development, related social science disciplines.
- Statistical and spatial analysis experience.
- Strong analytical thinking skills are essential.
- Software skills in Excel, ArcGIS, SQL and/or R strongly preferred.
- Qualitative research experience strongly preferred (surveys, interviews, focus groups, literature scans).
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Analytical Ability
Compensation and Benefits:
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and EAP program.
Please complete the online application and attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Reinvestment Fund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout our Organization and in our external investment practices.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.Apply For Position