PolicyMap is a national online mapping tool and platform that enables government, commercial, non-profit and academic institutions to access data about communities and markets across the US. It is used for research, market studies, business planning, site selection, grant applications and impact analysis. We offer access to the PolicyMap tool through subscriptions and enterprise access, license the underlying data in our platform and help organizations and companies bring interactive mapping to their own websites. Launched in 2008, PolicyMap now has hundreds of customers, including federal, state and local government agencies, major universities, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms spanning real estate, banking and healthcare. PolicyMap is a Benefit Corporation founded on the belief that data has the power to change communities and markets. The problem is that getting that information is not simple or efficient. Data and analytics need to be reliable, consistent, and relevant. They need to be readily accessible. And they need to be responsive to the issues public and civic organizations are trying to understand. Changes in technology and the expansion of online mapping applications are creating new opportunities for the public and civic sectors to increase their ability to use and share good data and analytics to inform decisions. Check out our website at www.policymap.com.
PolicyMap seeks a tech-savvy Account Representative who is passionate about providing superior customer support and driving customer engagement. The Account Representative will be responsible for managing responses to all customer inquiries that come via email or by phone and will maintain ongoing and regular communication and engagement with existing customers, including regular check-ins, distribution of relevant content, and providing trainings and demonstrations. The Account Representative will work with and contribute to all divisions within PolicyMap by tracking and providing feedback regarding customer complaints and requests, as well as setting up and analyzing the results of any email campaign efforts. The Account Representative will manage and record all contacts with customers using Salesforce or other CRM tools. The Account Representative will work with the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service to ensure renewal notices are communicated to existing customers in a timely manner. Because PolicyMap customers include government agencies, universities, non-profit organizations and commercial firms, the Account Representative must have excellent communication skills in both written and oral formats.
The Account Representative prizes attention to detail; enthusiasm for our products and our clients are core values. We work well independently, and we take ownership of our individual workloads, while leveraging the strengths of our team members through collaboration. The PolicyMap team is agile, creative, and uses the best tools and approaches at hand for each task. PolicyMap’s office in Midtown Village provides a casual-dress work environment that matches our creative, collaborative culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Respond to and Track Incoming Customer Inquiries:
- Reply to incoming customer inquiries by phone or email; direct detailed data questions to appropriate data person for response; refer sales calls to appropriate sales staff and ensure customer receives excellent response in appropriate time.
- Record all activity related to communication with a customer in Salesforce or other CRM tool.
- In conjunction with the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service, share responsibility of all incoming calls so that phone and email are staffed by Customer Service during all regular business hours.
- Record all customer complaints and suggestions in Salesforce for analysis by the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service.
Engage Existing Customers to Ensure High Annual Renewal Rates of Existing Customers:
- Work with the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service, CEO, the VP of Data and Content Development in the design of a customer engagement strategy comprised of regular client check-ins, daily outreach to trial users who unknowingly have subscriber access through an enterprise license, and strategic content based outreach.
- Working with the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service, implement the customer engagement strategy and track renewal rates.
- Develop ongoing lists of customers who are not logging in regularly as a means for prioritizing outreach.
- Provide regular trainings and online demonstrations for customers as part of the engagement strategy and provide sales with the names and contact information of each person in attendance for follow up.
- Brainstorm with PolicyMap team regarding improvements needed to the tool based on customer feedback.
- Engage with Sales and Data team to remain connected to new development, data and promotions in place.
- Support the sales team in lists build of prospects for ongoing sales campaigns.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years of sales, marketing, advertising or customer service experience; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency and experience required with Salesforce or other CRM platform
- General understanding of email marketing tools like Pardot and HubSpot
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ownership/Accountability – Actively manages work and issues through to completion.
- Customer Service – Understands and manages customer expectations.
- Initiative – Anticipates and communicates challenges and opportunities.
- Commitment – Demonstrates sense of passion and urgency for work, mission and organization.
- Adaptability – Sees opportunity and risk for continuous improvement.
- Efficiency and Productivity – Determines priorities and allocates time and focus accordingly.
- Professional/Technical Expertise – Understands and applies technical/procedural knowledge of job.
Compensation and Benefits
PolicyMap, Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and EAP program.
Please complete the online employment application or email your resume with cover letter, salary requirement and research and/or writing sample to:
Director, Technical Support and Customer Service
1315 Walnut Street, Suite 1500
Philadelphia, PA 19107
PolicyMap, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. PolicyMap is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PolicyMap, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. PolicyMap is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout our Organization and in our external investment practices.Apply For Position