About PolicyMap, Inc
PolicyMap is a national online mapping tool and platform that enables government, commercial, non-profit and academic institutions to access data about communities and markets across the US. It is used for research, market studies, business planning, site selection, grant applications and impact analysis. The PolicyMap tool is offered through individual and enterprise subscriptions; in addition, customers may license the underlying data in the platform and implement smaller versions of the tool on their own websites. Launched in 2008, PolicyMap has grown to have hundreds of customers, including federal, state and local government agencies, major universities, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms spanning real estate, banking and healthcare. PolicyMap is a Benefit Corporation, founded on the belief that data has the power to change communities and markets. Our goal is to make data and analytics be reliable, consistent, relevant, and readily accessible—enabling our customers to be responsive to issues that public and civic organizations face. Changes in technology and the expansion of online mapping applications are creating new opportunities for the public and civic sectors to increase their ability to use and share reliable data and analytics to inform their decision-making.
PolicyMap seeks a tech-savvy Account Representative who is passionate about providing superior customer support and driving customer engagement. The Account Representative will be responsible for managing responses to all customer inquiries that come via email or phone, and will maintain ongoing and regular communication and engagement with existing customers, including regular check-ins, distribution of relevant content, and trainings and demonstrations.
The Account Representative will:
- Interact with all divisions of the PolicyMap organization, by tracking and providing feedback on customer complaints and requests, and establishing and analyzing the results of any email campaign efforts.
- Manage and record all contacts with customers using Salesforce or other CRM tools.
- Work with the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service to ensure renewal notices are communicated to existing customers in a timely manner.
The individual in this role will need to possess excellent communication skills in both written and oral formats, to effectively communicate with customers that span government agencies, universities, non-profit organizations and commercial firms. The need to demonstrate superior attention to detail in these various tasks is also an inherent requirement in the position.
We seek an individual who will be enthusiastic about our products, clients, and mission-based values. Our team members work independently and take ownership of individual workloads, while leveraging the strengths of colleagues through smart and timely collaboration. The PolicyMap team is agile, creative, and uses the best tools and approaches at hand for each task. Our office is a light-filled, renovated space in Midtown Village, with a casual-dress environment that matches our creative and collaborative culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following descriptions provide additional detail about the daily duties and responsibilities of the position:
Respond to and Track Incoming Customer Inquiries
- Reply to incoming customer inquiries by phone or email; direct detailed data-related questions to appropriate data team member for response; refer sales inquiries to appropriate sales staff, and ensure customer receives excellent response in an appropriate timeframe.
- Record all customer communications in Salesforce or other CRM tool.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service to share responsibility for all incoming calls, so that phone and email are staffed by Customer Service during all regular business hours.
- Record all customer complaints and suggestions in Salesforce for analysis by the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service.
Engage Existing Customers to Ensure High Annual Renewal Rates of Existing Customers
- Work with the Director of Technical Support and Customer Service, VP of Sales, VP of Data and Content Development and the Content Development Lead to design and implement a customer engagement strategy—comprised of regular client check-ins, daily outreach to trial users who may unknowingly have subscriber access through an enterprise license, and other strategic, content-based outreach.
- Provide regular trainings and online demonstrations for customers as part of the engagement strategy, and provide sales with names and contact information of each person in attendance for follow up.
- Develop ongoing lists of customers who are not logging in regularly as a means for prioritizing outreach.
- Devise system to effectively track renewal rates.
- Serve as the primary client contact for many existing PolicyMap customers.
- Brainstorm with PolicyMap team regarding improvements needed to the tool based on customer feedback.
- Engage with Sales and Data teams to remain informed of new development, data and promotions.
- Contribute to Mapchats webinar series based on interests expressed by customers.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
To succeed in this position, the individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below detail the necessary knowledge, skill, and/or abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 2+ years of sales, marketing, advertising or customer service experience; Associates’ Degree required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency and experience required with Salesforce or other CRM platform.
The individual should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ownership/Accountability—Actively manage work and issues to completion.
- Customer Service—Understand and manage customer expectations.
- Initiative—Anticipate and communicate challenges and opportunities.
- Commitment—Demonstrate sense of passion and urgency for work, mission and organization.
- Adaptability—Recognize opportunities and possible risks for continuous improvement.
- Efficiency and Productivity—Determine priorities and allocate time and focus accordingly.
- Professional/Technical Expertise—Understand and apply technical/procedural knowledge of job.
Compensation and Benefits
PolicyMap, Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and EAP program.
PolicyMap, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. PolicyMap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PolicyMap, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.Apply For Position