PolicyMap is a national online mapping tool and platform that enables government, commercial, non-profit and academic institutions to access data about communities and markets across the US. It is used for research, market studies, business planning, site selection, grant applications and impact analysis. We offer access to the PolicyMap tool through subscriptions and enterprise access, license the underlying data in our platform and help organizations and companies bring interactive mapping to their own websites. Launched in 2008, PolicyMap now has hundreds of customers, including federal, state and local government agencies, major universities, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms spanning real estate, banking and health care. PolicyMap is a Benefit Corporation founded on the belief that data has the power to change communities and markets. The problem is that getting that information is not simple or efficient. Data and analytics need to be reliable, consistent, and relevant. They need to be readily accessible. And they need to be responsive to the issues public and civic organizations are trying to understand. Changes in technology and the expansion of online mapping applications are creating new opportunities for the public and civic sectors to increase their ability to use and share good data and analytics to inform decisions. As a Benefit Corporation, we care as much about impact as we do our bottom line.
PolicyMap seeks an Inside Sales Representative to drive PolicyMap’s growth in the academic, healthcare and government markets. We’ve experienced significant growth over the last 4 years in these markets; continued and accelerated penetration of these markets is key to PolicyMap’s growth.
We are seeking an Inside Sales Representative with experience in qualifying inbound leads and leads from trade shows and conferences. The ideal candidate will have experience articulating the benefits of subscription based software in our marketplace. The ideal candidate will understand how, why and when organizations purchase annual subscriptions and licenses and will have strong experience in qualifying leads and setting up demonstrations for the appropriate Sales Executive. The ideal candidate will qualify a targeted volume of new customers each month, contribute to the messaging related to PolicyMap in our market space, and efficiently answer potential customer questions with input from other staff in PolicyMap.
• Qualify inbound leads and leads from trade shows and conferences.
• Identify leads in specialized markets.
• Contact leads at early stage in pipeline and qualify for further sales contact.
• Track calls, appointments and email outreach daily in company’s CRM system to track necessary progress on goals and maintain accurate pipeline.
• Work with VP and team to capitalize on qualified leads and drive to next stage.
• Work with VP and team to develop territory plan and prioritize most promising lead opportunities.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field required.
• Minimum 1-2 years of relevant software, data, web-based services inside sales experience, preferably in information industry sales, product marketing, and/or B2B communications.
• Demonstrable success in meeting/exceeding sales targets, qualifying leads, and executing on business processes for “qualification-to-close” in concert with field sales executives.
• Experience with inside solution sales or vertical integration in our target markets (government, academic, non-profits and corporate including health, real estate, consulting, media, and banking).
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Engaging phone and email communication skills.
• Proficient with Salesforce.com CRM software.
• Ability to handle many assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Confident, competitive, thorough and tenacious .
• Chance to build on the initial success, and exponentially grow an innovative and proven product, in a ripe and expanding market.
• Join a highly talented and engaged team of 19 professionals, who are passionate about the product and its potential.
• Work in a professional environment that emphasizes social mission as well as profit.
• Competitive base salary and incentive compensation.
• Position is based in our Philadelphia office.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
PolicyMap, Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and EAP program.
Please apply online, mail or email resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
Vice President, Business Development and Outreach
1315 Walnut Street, Suite 1500
Philadelphia, PA 19107
PolicyMap, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. PolicyMap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PolicyMap, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.Apply For Position