Reinvestment Fund is a financial services company functioning as a catalyst for change in low-income communities. We integrate data, policy and strategic investments to improve the quality of life in low-income neighborhoods. Using analytical and financial tools, we bring high-quality grocery stores, affordable housing, schools and health centers to the communities that need better access—creating anchors that attract investment over the long term and help families lead healthier, more productive lives.
Reinvestment Fund brings together individual investors, banks, government, insurance companies, private foundations and faith-based and community organizations to invest in projects that transform communities. As a federally-certified community development financial institution (“CDFI”), we manage $1.2 billion in capital that originates from over 880 investors. We have deployed over $2.2 billion into community revitalizing and job-creating projects and enterprises over our 34-year history. The company maintains a AA- issuer rating from S&P, as well as the highest ratings from an industry independent rating agency (AAA, four star with a Policy Plus from AERIS).
The Senior Financial Analyst will work under the direction of the CFO and assist in company-wide and business line financial analysis, financial forecasting, modeling, budgeting and cash flow analysis. This individual will drive the preparation and delivery of financial reports and financial modeling that will allow management to make decisions on business transactions and deals, in a manner that supports strong growth and deal quality while supporting the fundamental mission of Reinvestment Fund.
The successful candidate will take an aggressive approach to all accountabilities while demonstrating strong technical, analytical, business and financial skills. The ideal candidate will be strategically minded with the skills and abilities to deliver actionable, data-driven conclusions. A background in banking/financial services industry is a plus. Experience recommending new or improved processes, methods or systems is required. This candidate must be able to establish priorities and allocate time and resources accordingly. The individual must be flexible and adaptable with the drive and willingness to learn new areas and change with the organization. To be successful requires the candidate to proactively take action to solve problems and achieve goals while establishing a systematic course of action to ensure accomplishment of specific company objectives tied to his/ her role and responsibilities. The individual must be comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization on strategic and financial issues and must demonstrate the commitment to the mission, culture, and business model of the Reinvestment Fund.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare annual budgets at the cost center, business line and consolidated corporate levels.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
• Maintain rolling program forecasts and quarterly outlook.
• Compare and analyze actual results vs. forecast.
• Advise business line leaders and program managers on program performance and product line profitability analyses.
• Produce monthly reports on key performance metrics.
• Create financial models of “what if” scenarios to inform future business planning decisions.
• Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects as requested.
• S & P Rating Analysis/Management
• Financial Management
• Strategic/Analytical Thinking
• Communication Proficiency
• Active Listening
• Bachelor’s degree in business or finance is required, MBA or Masters in Finance is preferred.
• Experience building FP & A Department
• 6-8 years’ experience in financial analysis, budgeting, or similar discipline roles.
• In-depth knowledge of budgeting, cash management, and financial analyses processes.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with ERP systems and related technologies is required.
• Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, including participation in the Company’s performance plan as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and EAP program. As part of its professional development program, the company pays for CPE credits and time off to attend classes as required by its professional staff.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reinvestment Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disabilities, or status as a veteran.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.Apply For Position