About Reinvestment Fund Policy Solutions:
Reinvestment Fund’s Policy Solutions group has developed and refined highly-customizable analyses to further public policy around issues central to the communities we serve. Our analyses are based on proven methodologies and are unique in their use of spatial and statistical analyses to understand places and further effective program design and implementation.
From our real estate focused Market Value Analyses (MVA) to our studies of child care and supermarket access to our national analysis of the HUD NSP program – Reinvestment Fund has developed and brought these tools together to comprise a portfolio of work that places us among the most highly regarded public policy research organizations in the country. Check out our website at: www.reinvestment.com for examples of our work.
The Policy Solutions team brings together a distinctive combination of expertise and experience. Current staff backgrounds include public management and program development, city planning, public policy, law, statistical research and analysis, and geographic information systems. This collective experience allows us to bring an objective, well-rounded approach to every project we undertake. To further bolster our capacity, the Policy Solutions team has a Policy Advisory Board that offers feedback and direction regarding our methods and products. The Advisory Board includes renowned academics and practitioners with various areas of expertise. See: https://www.reinvestment.com/policy-solutions/team/
The Senior Policy Analyst will work as part of the Policy Solutions team and with staff from the various Reinvestment Fund business lines, as well as with external researchers in related or complementary fields. This position is responsible for managing the design and implementation of research studies. The Senior Policy Analyst will also contribute to Policy Solutions’ business development efforts.
Duties & Qualifications:
The Senior Policy Analyst must have the ability to design and conduct quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method research projects that are intended to provide actionable results for clients. The successful candidate will visually display data in a range of formats, including in tables, graphs, and maps. The Senior Policy Analyst will produce reports, in consultation with senior staff and with support from junior staff, that contain descriptive, analytical and evaluative content for audiences that include researchers and non-researchers. Ensuring quality control from project conceptualization through data processing and analysis is essential. The Senior Policy Analyst will present research results to clients, project advisory groups, policymakers, and other stakeholders. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience managing and providing career development support for junior staff. The Senior Policy Analyst will contribute to business development efforts which may include writing proposals, presenting to prospective clients, and managing client relations. The position also requires good time management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of teams on multiple projects at one time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty noted above. The requirements below represent the range of knowledge, skill, and abilities that expected, for incoming staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education & Content Expertise
- Master’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience, in public policy, urban planning, geography, economics, public health, sociology, demography, or other related fields.
- Familiarity with major issues in several of the following fields: housing, public education, community development, economic development, food access, community assets, social and human services, public health, health care and early childhood education.
- Demonstrated experience designing/conducting quantitative (i.e., statistical, spatial, econometric) and qualitative (i.e., observational, interviews) research projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Advanced critical thinking skills exhibited by the ability to take information from a wide variety of sources and synthesize/analyze the information in the context of Reinvestment Fund’s organizational mission.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience using GIS (ArcMap), MS Office Suite, and statistical programs (SPSS, Stata, R).
- Knowledge of and experience with database programming languages, especially SQL and/or Python.
- Experience with survey design.
- Experience managing and developing junior staff.
- Demonstrated success conducting business development activities.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
Expectations for all employees:
Supports Reinvestment Fund’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following competencies: Commitment to Reinvestment Fund, ethical behavior/integrity, and respect for coworkers, Reinvestment Fund boards and committees, investors and borrowers, and clients.Apply For Position