Reinvestment Fund (Company) is a financial services company serving as a catalyst for change in low-income communities. Reinvestment Fund integrates data, policy and strategic investments to improve the quality of life in low-income neighborhoods. Using analytical and financial tools, the company brings high-quality grocery stores, affordable housing, schools and health centers to the communities that need better access—creating anchors that attract investment over the long term and help families lead healthier, more productive lives.
Reinvestment Fund brings together individual investors, banks, government officials, private foundations and faith-based and community organizations to invest in projects that transform communities. As a federally-certified community development financial institution (“CDFI”), the company manages $1.2 billion in capital that originates from over 880 investors. Reinvestment Fund has deployed over $2.2 billion into community revitalizing and job-creating projects and enterprises over its 34-year history.
Reinvestment Fund is committed to be an employer of choice for students looking to work in a community development financial institution with industry leaders. We have worked hard to be recognized nationally for our combination of expert knowledge, innovative strategies and proven results. Reinvestment Fund’s business environment provides students with ample opportunity for personal growth and success.
About the position
The IT team is responsible for managing the technology needs of the organization. In addition to maintaining the networks, application systems, and providing help desk support, IT plays an important role in implementing systems changes across the organization.
As an intern in the IT department, you will have the unique opportunity to learn and assist our team in a comfortable, moderate paced environment. The assignment will provide you with the training and exposure to advance your delivery of quality technology support and user education in a business setting, as well as strengthen your technical skills. You will support the team through:
Respond to Help Desk issues, attempt to resolve problems during the initial response. For problems that are not resolved on first response, gather information and escalate to the Network Support Specialist.
- Configure and deploy new equipment to end users, reconfigure existing equipment and manage ongoing ad hoc installations for users.
- Document and diagram Reinvestment Fund’s network infrastructure including remote sites, VPN’s, LAN, WAN and cable plant.
- Assist with the development and implementation of SQL based applications and integration of 3rd party applications like Asana, SalesForce, FileInvite and other SaaS based systems.
- Assist with configuration of Solarwinds Orion, the Company’s network and application monitoring platform.
- Configure, monitor and manage Windows Server and Linux VM’s on VMWare.
- Perform basic MS-SQL management tasks.
- This position may include other activities and traveling to project sites with departmental staff.
- There may be an opportunity to continue as an intern during the summer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, responsible students must:
- Be enrolled in an Information Technology Program.
- Have the ability to take initiative, as well as work independently when needed.
- Demonstrate a high degree of independent decision making and communication skills.
- Though we are flexible to accommodate your schedule, students should be able to commit to a fixed number of hours per week (minimum of 6 hours up to a maximum of 29 hours per week).
Please complete the online application form and attach your resume and a cover letter.