Reinvestment Fund (Company) is a financial services company serving as a catalyst for change in low-income communities. Reinvestment Fund integrates data, policy and strategic investments to improve the quality of life in low-income neighborhoods. Using analytical and financial tools, the company brings high-quality grocery stores, affordable housing, schools and health centers to the communities that need better access—creating anchors that attract investment over the long term and help families lead healthier, more productive lives.
Reinvestment Fund brings together individual investors, banks, government officials, private foundations and faith-based and community organizations to invest in projects that transform communities. As a federally-certified community development financial institution (“CDFI”), the company manages $1.2 billion in capital that originates from over 880 investors. Reinvestment Fund has deployed over $2.2 billion into community revitalizing and job-creating projects and enterprises over its 34-year history. The company maintains an AA- issuer rating from S&P, as well as a four star with Policy Plus, AAA rating from AERIS (highest rating available from industry rating agency).
ABOUT REINVESTMENT FUND POLICY SOLUTIONS
Reinvestment Fund has developed and refined highly-customizable analyses to further public policy around issues central to the communities we serve. Our analyses are based on proven methodologies and are unique in their use of spatial and statistical analyses to understand places and inform effective program design and implementation.
From our real estate Market Value Analyses (MVA) to our studies of child care and supermarket access to our national analysis of the HUD NSP program – Reinvestment Fund has developed and brought these tools together to comprise a portfolio of work that places us among the most highly regarded public policy research organizations in the country. Check out our website at: www.Reinvestment.com for examples of our work.
Reinvestment Fund Policy Solutions Group seeks an intern for a temporary assignment. This opportunity will afford the right motivated, results-oriented individual an unrivaled platform to learn and train with some of the best talent in the community development field while contributing to the organizations strong social mission. Duties include:
- Gathering, compiling, cleaning and analyzing data related to Reinvestment Fund research and consulting projects. These may relate to housing policies, public investment activities and program delivery systems. This may include internet-based research, interviewing stakeholders and may require traveling to public offices to collect data.
- Using GIS software to plot data, prepare maps and reports demonstrating program utilization and the relationship of thematic data sets and how they related to each other.
- Preparing and summarizing research findings in memo formats and presenting findings as part of working team sessions.
- Other research and related tasks necessary for completion of analysis.
- There may be an opportunity to continue as an intern during the school year.
Education, Experience, and Skills
To perform this job successfully, responsible students must:
- Be enrolled in graduate level studies in city planning, public policy, geography, economics, public health, anthropology, sociology, demography, or other related fields
- Software skills in Excel, ArcGIS and SQL strongly prefered.
- Proficient research and problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to take initiative, as well as work independently when needed.
- Demonstrate a high degree of independent decision making and communication skills. The decisions of students in these positions could directly affect the operation and success of the project or program.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Students should be able to commit between 15-37.50 hours per week during the summer.
Please complete the online application form and attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund is committed to be an employer of choice for students looking to work in a community development financial institution with industry leaders. We have worked hard to be recognized nationally for our combination of expert knowledge, innovative strategies and proven results. Reinvestment Fund’s business environment provides students with ample opportunity for personal growth and success.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Reinvestment Fund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout our Organization and in our external investment practices.Apply For Position