Reinvestment Fund is a catalyst for change in low-income communities. We integrate data, policy and strategic investments to improve the quality of life in low-income neighborhoods. Using analytical and financial tools, we bring high-quality grocery stores, affordable housing, schools and health centers to the communities that need better access creating anchors that attract investment over the long term and help families lead healthier, more productive lives.
Reinvestment Fund’s investment program is unique in its range of expertise and approaches to financing. In addition to our core commercial lending activities, Reinvestment Fund also manages initiatives with the support of local or national foundations, and state, local and federal public agencies and governments. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Reinvestment Fund is participating in the Small Business Association’s (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program, providing forgivable loans to small businesses across the United States.
About the Position:
Reinvestment Fund is currently hiring a Summer Associate within the lending and investment department to support the Paycheck Protection Program. This individual will primarily administer loans and support other areas of the lending and investment team as assigned. The Summer Associate will be expected to work independently and collaboratively with staff and program participants. When Reinvestment Fund’s Philadelphia office is closed for social distancing, the individual will be expected to work remotely.
- Provide technical assistance in English or Spanish to borrowers regarding questions about their loans, use of proceeds, submitting receipts, and other program-specific or general administrative concerns.
- Obtain and analyze customer financials and other compliance materials as required during the loan period.
- Analyze backup documentation (payroll statements, tax filings, etc.) as presented by the customer for sufficiency. When required, assist customers in English or Spanish to correct deficiencies in their paperwork.
- Maintain project files in excellent condition and consistent with loan policy and departmental procedures, with sufficient documentation for third-party review, prepare files for timely audits.
- Assist management in evaluating program outcomes.
- Support development and dissemination of program communications, including webinars, emails and other content.
Is This Job for You?
Reinvestment Fund offers its staff an unrivaled platform to combine business acumen and financial skills with social mission. This position is a three-month opportunity for a motivated individual who has completed an undergraduate degree with a career interest in impact investing, community finance/development, public policy or a related field. This project-based position is specifically for a bilingual Spanish-English speaker. The position requires demonstrated proficiency in project management, mathematics, problem-solving and effective communication.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Enjoys solving problems with numbers, calculations and data.
- Exceptional attention to detail in performing mathematical calculations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and commitment.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including organization, time management, defining and setting priorities, and problem-solving.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Reinvestment Fund’s mission.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Able to work remotely. (Laptop computer to be provided.)
Please complete the online application and attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Reinvestment Fund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout our Organization and in our external investment practices.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.Apply For Position