Reinvestment Fund is a mission-driven financial institution committed to making communities work for all people. As a federally certified community development financial institution (CDFI), we bring financial and analytical tools to partnerships that work to ensure that everyone has access to essential opportunities: affordable places to live, access to nutritious food and health care, schools where their children can flourish, and strong, local businesses that support jobs. We use data to understand markets, communities, and impediments to opportunity—and how investment and policy decisions can have the most powerful impact. We are part of coalitions that work to shift how entire sectors work to dismantle systems that perpetuate social and economic inequality.
Since our founding, we have put more than $2.4 billion to work for good — investing in projects that are both targeted and transformative. We have worked with scores of policymakers in cities, states, and federal agencies and helped millions of people nationwide access critical services and amenities. By tailoring financing solutions, fostering local partnerships, building coalitions, and informing strategies for tackling systemic injustices, we are charting paths and forging collaborations that catalyze positive, lasting impact.
Reinvestment Fund is committed to be an employer of choice for students looking to work in a community development financial institution with industry leaders. We have worked hard to be recognized nationally for our combination of expert knowledge, innovative strategies and proven results. Reinvestment Fund’s business environment provides students with ample opportunity for personal growth and success.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reinvestment Fund is currently hiring an intern within the IT Department to help support the technology needs of the organization. In addition to maintaining the networks, application systems, and providing help desk support, the IT Department plays an important role in implementing systems changes across the organization.
As an intern in the IT Department, you will have the unique opportunity to learn and assist our team in a comfortable, moderate paced environment. The assignment will provide you with the training and exposure to advance your delivery of quality technology support and user education in a business setting, as well as strengthen your technical skills. The intern will support the IT Department through:
• Respond to Help Desk issues, attempt to resolve problems during the initial response. For problems that are not resolved, gather information and escalate to the Network Support Specialist.
• Configure and deploy new equipment to end users, reconfigure existing equipment and manage ongoing ad hoc installations for users.
• Document and diagram Reinvestment Fund’s network infrastructure including remote sites, VPN’s, LAN, WAN and cable plant.
• Assist with the development and implementation of SQL based applications and integration of 3rd party applications like Asana, SalesForce, FileInvite and other SaaS based systems.
• Assist with configuration of the Company’s network and application monitoring platform.
• Configure, monitor and manage Windows Server and Linux VM’s on VMWare.
• Perform basic MS-SQL management tasks.
When Reinvestment Fund’s Philadelphia office is closed for social distancing, the individual will work remotely and be expected to work independently and collaboratively with staff members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, responsible students must:
• Be enrolled in an Information Technology Program.
• Have the ability to take initiative, as well as work independently when needed.
• Demonstrate a high degree of independent decision making and communication skills.
• Though we are flexible to accommodate your schedule, students should be able to commit to a fixed number of hours per week (up to a maximum of 37.50 hours per week).
Please complete the online application form and attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Reinvestment Fund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout our Organization and in our external investment practices.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.Apply For Position