Reinvestment Fund is a mission-driven financial institution committed to making communities work for all people. We bring financial and analytical tools to partnerships that work to ensure that people in all communities have the opportunities they strive for: affordable places to live, access to nutritious food, schools where their children can succeed, and strong, local businesses that support jobs. We use data to understand markets and how transactions can have the most powerful impact, and we build coalitions that can shift how entire sectors work to dismantle systems that perpetuate social and economic inequality.
Reinvestment Fund’s investment program is unique in its range of expertise and approaches to financing. In addition to our core commercial lending activities, Reinvestment Fund also manages initiatives with the support of local or national foundations, and state, local and federal public agencies and governments. Since our inception in 1985, Reinvestment Fund has provided over $2.4 billion in financing to strengthen neighborhoods, scale social enterprises, and build resilient communities, where everyone can thrive and prosper.
Reinvestment Fund is currently undergoing a multi-year race, equity, and inclusion organizational change process, and we are seeking candidates who share a commitment to advancing racial equity and anti-racism practices and are prepared to engage in that work.
Work Location: Reinvestment Fund is maintaining a 100% remote work environment to at least January 2022 due to COVID. Reinvestment Fund expects to provide a flexible work arrangement that will be a hybrid home/office work arrangement in 2022 and beyond. It is anticipated that a combination of working remote and a minimum of days in the RF office location will allow for face-to-face interactions. Depending on the nature of the job, a more flexible work schedule may be considered.
Reinvestment Fund seeks a qualified individual as a Technical Project Manager (TPM) for the Lending and Investment Department to support a major change-management initiative. Reporting to the Director of Portfolio Operations and Analysis, the TPM will support the Lending and Investment Department staff and its customers throughout a multi-stage operations optimization for the loan originations, servicing and asset management business. This newly created position will promote successful adoption of the systems and technology outlined in the optimization roadmap by maintaining excellent communications across Reinvestment Fund staff, external consultants, engineers and software developers. The TPM will gather feedback on a periodic basis, keep stakeholders informed, distribute materials, perform testing and quantitative analysis, participate in solutions design and delivery. The individual has the primary responsibility to troubleshoot the Lending and Investment Department’s business technologies in the performance phase which follows solution delivery to sustain the organization’s investment.
Lead or support assigned implementation phases and sustain improvements defined in the lending business optimization roadmap:
- Understand the business goals and objectives of the Lending and Investment Department, the purpose of the business optimization, and the roles of each stakeholder
- Take part in designing and evaluating solutions with the larger team including outside consultants during all phases of a multi-system implementation
- Serving as a project lead within the interdepartmental group, work with stakeholders to identify, scope, prioritize and deliver assigned projects on schedule during each phase
- As required, hold regular technical meetings with cross-functional stakeholders to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Triage issues raised by stakeholders, collect and document feedback from stakeholders on the performance of business processes and escalate issues as necessary
- Implement operational process improvements and data-based solutions to allow for the rapid growth of the business while still maintaining high levels of throughput and efficiency
Produce data insights that explain progress toward priority business objectives:
- Optimize existing lending data in MS SQL to automate analyses and implement data-based solutions including data architectures, processing pipelines, and mission and business pipelines
- Design survey instruments to gather new customer datasets related to Reinvestment Fund’s corporate goals.
- Share insights on key organizational and customer metrics through accessible visualizations to aid research and development of new business products and services
- Help the business develop and iterate on customer and REI metrics built with operational data and visualization techniques
- Update and maintain processes and procedures for datasets
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in business consulting, technical consulting, project management or a similar environment
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders to identify problems, develop solutions and document processes
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient with project management tools (Asana or similar)
- Proficient with reporting and data visualization tools (Power BI or similar)
- Intermediate SQL coding (able to write and edit queries to pull data from a MS SQL database)
- Approaches problems with a user-first mentality and desire to make the business better
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to implement and manage new processes with various stakeholders, requirements and interdependencies
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and ability to work with colleagues at various levels
- Proven analytical thinker with ability to identify, analyze and solve problems in a thoughtful manner
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and can drive change through innovation
- Organizational and time management skills
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Big picture thinker
- Detail-oriented action taker
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and EAP program.
Please complete the application and attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Reinvestment Fund is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) throughout our Organization and in our external investment practices.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.Apply For Position