Program Expansion Awards
NJCNF supports organizations that participate or seek to participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and/or the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) to reach one of three goals:
- Increase Program Participation: expand an existing program or start a new program
- Improve Meal Quality: increase the use of fresh, local and ethnically appropriate food
- Strategically Adapt to COVID19: redesign a program or adapt a facility to safely continue meal service during COVID19 disruptions
To achieve these goals, NJCNF offers business planning services and grant and loan funding for predevelopment activities to childcare operators, community-based organizations and food vendors that participate or seek to participate in CACFP and SFSP. Business planning support and grant funds aim to expand or enhance existing programs and/or to establish a new meal program.
Through a rolling application process, funding will be available to fund planning activities, and in some instances, implementation awards will be made to support the execution of capital projects and/or facility plans. Interested applicants must complete a Contact Sheet and provide information about their proposed project.
- Planning Awards – Organizations will be asked to initially apply for planning grant awards to support predevelopment activities such as engineers and other professional fees, or training and technical assistance in business planning, program administration, and implementation strategies from consultants—either pre-identified or matched through this program. Planning awards range from $5,000 to $50,000.
- Capital Investment and Implementation Awards – Demonstration of ability to execute proposed projects is a prerequisite to obtaining Capital Investment and Implementation Awards. Funding will be made available in the form of grants and loans, to support project financing for equipment, facilities, or contracts receivable. Funding consideration will be made based upon project need and organizational profile. Implementation awards may support a portion of projects sized up to $5 million.
For more program details, download our brochure.
Eligibility for Program Expansion Awards
Before applying, please ensure your organization meets the following eligibility criteria:
- Organization is located in or supports programs in New Jersey AND qualifies as:
- An organization aiming to establish a CACFP or SFSP meal program;
- An organization aiming to expand or enhance an existing CACFP or SFSP meal program; or
- A food vendor aiming to expand or enhance the food quality provided to CACFP or SFSP meal programs.
- Non‐profit or for‐profit organization.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational capacity to meet program goals and requirements.
** Priority considerations will be given to applicants located in areas with little to minimal access to these services, or with project locations in rural New Jersey.
To Apply for Program Expansion Awards
Application will be accepted on a rolling basis until October 1, 2020. Interested applicants must complete a Contact Sheet and provide information about their proposed project. Eligible organizations will then be invited to complete a full application.
- Complete a contact sheet: https://reinvestmentfund.smartsimple.com
- NJCNF Program Expansion Awards: Smart Simple Registration and Contact Sheet guide
For more information, contact: NJCNF@reinvestment.com