Reinvestment Fund supports projects in severely distressed census tracts that provide essential services to their communities including health care, education, and access to healthy food. Additionally, we fund projects that serve as anchors for community revitalization which can include commercial development and housing.
Above all, we prioritize projects that demonstrate commitment to the following objectives:
- Racial Equity: Projects that advance equity and is focused on reducing racial disparities that stem from historic and systemic racism.
- Community Inclusion: Underrepresented groups have access to and representation in your organization and/or in your project goals/design.
- Climate Consciousness: Including energy efficiency, green building, clean energy sources, environmental remediation, and resiliency.
Projects We Support
Since 2004, Reinvestment Fund has received $534 million in NMTC allocations, which has helped support close to $1.1 billion in total investments in low-income communities.
Our NMTC financing works through flexible features such as:
- Subordinated debt
- Below market interest rates
- Lower than standard origination fees
- Longer than standard period of interest-only loan payments
- Higher than standard loan-to-value ratio
- Longer than standard amortization period
- More flexible borrower credit standards, and
- Lower than standard debt service coverage ratio requirements.
As a Community Development Entity (CDE) and a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), Reinvestment Fund has the flexibility to meet a variety of financing needs by serving as a:
- Bridge Lender
- Leverage Lender
- Direct Lender