Reinvestment Fund’s New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program funds community and economic development projects in distressed communities by leveraging private-sector equity and loan capital investment to stimulate economic growth and create jobs in the areas that need it most.
Projects We Support
Projects we support through this program include full-service supermarkets, early childhood and K-12 education facilities, health centers and community asset-driven commercial real estate projects. Since 2004, Reinvestment Fund has received and allocated $473 million in NMTC financing, which has supported over $780 million in total investment in low-income communities.
Our NMTC financing works through flexible features such as:
- Subordinated debt
- Below market interest rates
- Lower than standard origination fees
- Longer than standard period of interest-only loan payments
- Higher than standard loan-to-value ratio
- Longer than standard amortization period
- More flexible borrower credit standards, and
- Lower than standard debt service coverage ratio requirements.
As a Community Development Entity (CDE) and a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), Reinvestment Fund has the flexibility to meet a variety of financing needs by serving as a:
- Bridge Lender
- Leverage Lender
- Direct Lender