- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): English (updated 7/17/20)
- COVID-19: Know Your Numbers – Webinar | View the recording | Download the presentation
- PPP & PEFSEE Funding: Preparing for loan forgiveness & grant compliance – Webinar | View the recording | Download the presentation
- Email us at PEFSEE@reinvestment.com
- Call us at 215-574-5975 and leave a voicemail. We will do our best to call you back within 24 hours. Please leave a brief message including your name, phone number, and question, and best time to reach you.
Future or Unmet Needs
We understand many are looking to the future and in order to resume safe and high-quality operations may require support for the following:
- Peer support– Groups of providers that wish to affiliate as an informal network during this crisis for the purposes of sharing information and resources.
- Re-opening costs– Once the crisis has passed, funds may be required to support costs related to cleaning/sanitizing of spaces and equipment, updated health and safety training, purchase of new perishable items, and perhaps meals before CACFP resumes.
- Summer programs and continued enrichment activities– With the hope that groups will be able to gather again in the summer months, programs may be planning for summer enrichment activities, in particular, preparing children for kindergarten entry.
- Re-positioning planning– Some providers will find that the economic toll may make it impossible to continue operating as an independent entity. Some may wish to continue serving children and families through organizational repositioning (a merger, acquisition, shared-services or defined collaboration), or seek help with marketing, family engagement and other enrollment activities by participating in a planning project that will offer guidance, technical assistance and funding to retain professional services.
If there are other needs and supports you have identified, but are not listed above, please email PEFSEE@reinvestment.com with the subject line: “FUTURE NEEDS”, so that we may collect this information.
Support for PEFSEE
The Philadelphia Emergency Fund for Stabilization of Early Education (PEFSEE) is funded through grants from the William Penn Foundation and Vanguard’s Strong Start for Kids Program and is administered by Reinvestment Fund.
You too can support Philadelphia’s early learning community at this time, by donating to PEFSEE at justgiving.com/campaign/PEFSEE.
Institutions interested in providing grants or donations to PEFSEE, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
100% of donations to PEFSEE will be directed to grant awards for eligible programs. Administrative overhead has been covered by the William Penn Foundation and Vanguard.
To stay informed about PEFSEE, please join our mailing list.