About the Fund
Early childhood educations providers have persisted in offering essential services to children and families in Philadelphia throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, while navigating extreme health and economic challenges. These businesses are integral to pandemic recovery for the city. Through the Phila ECE Loan Fund, providers can access 0% loans during 2021 to assist with stabilization and recovery efforts.
Loans from $5,000 to $50,000* are available to support a broad base of working capital needs and facility improvements or upgrades. The low-interest loans are also intended to complement existing programs such as Coaching to Success, Fund for Quality, Child Care Facility Fund and Fund for Sustaining Quality.
Interested applicants should complete a contact sheet and provide information about their proposed project. Please email the completed form to PhilaECE@reinvestment.com
* A very limited number of loans greater than $50,000 may be made available on a case-by-case basis for facility improvements or as a short-term bridge loan for contracted slots, but will need to meet additional criteria.
All loan applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Existing high-quality operator (Keystone STARS 3 and 4) or Keystone STARS 2 operator actively participating in PHLpreK
- Non‐profit or for‐profit organization
- Child Care Center, Group Child Care Home or Family Child Care Home
- Currently serving low‐income populations (defined as client population of at least 50% Child Care Works subsidy, or waitlist subsidy, Head Start or Pre‐K Counts)
- Positive attendance trends and strong business plan
- Organizational capacity