About the Fund
Without access to flexible financing, many providers have few options but to rely on high-interest credit cards, scale back on operations, or sacrifice quality. Thanks to the William Penn Foundation, Reinvestment Fund is launching the Philadelphia ECE Loan Fund.
Loans from $5,000 to $50,000* are available to support a broad base of working capital needs and facility improvements or upgrades. The low-interest loans are also intended to complement existing programs such as Fund for Quality, Child Care Facility Fund and Fund for Sustaining Quality.
All loan applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Existing high-quality operator (Keystone STARS 3 and 4) or Keystone STARS 2 operator actively participating in PHLpreK
- Non‐profit or for‐profit organization
- Child Care Center, Group Child Care Home or Family Child Care Home
- Currently serving low‐income populations (defined as client population of at least 50% Child Care Works subsidy, or waitlist subsidy, Head Start or Pre‐K Counts)
- Positive attendance trends and strong business plan
- Organizational capacity